Apply to the Quantitative Skills Center for a great on-campus job! The QSC continuously accepts applications. You may be contacted for an interview when a position becomes available.
*Recommended*: The Career Center can assist you with building or improving a resume, going through mock interviews to practice your skills, and more!
Customer Service Specialist Work Study Position
The Customer Service Specialists are responsible for:
- Welcoming clients into the Center
- Maintaining a positive, upbeat attitude
- Assisting clients with sign-in procedures
- Managing, and explaining to clients, the process of receiving assistance from a tutor
- Scheduling online tutoring sessions
- Managing the resource checkout system
- Attending trainings
- Responding to inquiries regarding the Quantitative Skills Center services and workshops
- Operating office equipment, such as the phone, computer/word processor, and printers/copiers
- Performing related duties as required.
To apply, please send your resume to Amber Parsons at AParsons@uwb.edu. Please indicate which position you're applying for in the subject of the email, and indicate whether or not you have a work study award in the body of the email.
Want To Be A Tutor?
Quantitative Skills Center tutors help students, faculty and staff with any aspect of the quantitative process, which includes:
- help with a homework assignment
- discussion of appropriate quantitative/problem solving techniques for any given task or assignment
- support the use of quantitative software such as Excel, SPSS, MATLAB, etc...
- assist in understanding and organization of data
- explain mathematical concepts, theories and formulas
- provide learning strategies and study skills
- help with interpreting or creating graphs or charts, plus any other quantitative related questions or assignments
Also, QSC tutors are required to attend all staff meetings and trainings to discuss techniques and improve skills.
Light clerical or educational outreach tasks may also be assigned to tutors when time permits. These tasks include:
- answering routine questions
- responding to students, faculty or staff inquiring about QSC services and workshops
- making class visits to advertise the QSC
- other QSC related duties
If you have a passion for numbers and helping people, this could be the job for you!
Please fill out the application and return it with a resume IN PERSON to:
Amber Parsons, Manager
Are you part of a club that requires volunteer hours? The QSC welcomes volunteer applicants. Just follow the instructions above to apply to be a part of the QSC team!